300-hr Yoga Teacher Training
February 2 - 27, 2020
Shelley Tomczyk began teaching in 2001. Her teaching, mentorship, & international trainings have inspired teachers for over 10 years. Come join her on an opportunity to tune into your curiosity,, refine your teaching, and master your craft on this mystical and musical cliffside overseeing the vast and ever expansive ocean at Varkala beach in south India! Shelley's trainings are Certified Yoga Alliance.
In the stunning vastness of the Ocean, this retreat includes a ~ 14 day Ayurveda ~ healing treatment program that is led by two Ayurvedic doctors and is supported by an amazing team, tailored to bring a deep awareness of your true nature. Ayurveda & Yoga combined in this unique and transformational training aims to provide you with a comprehensive in-depth capacity to learn the therapeutics of these vast modalities and how to apply them with expertise and refinement.
To learn more about the passion behind Oceano http://oceanocliff.com/
AYURVEDA & SIDDHA
In a Natural Environment
' Our experienced team creates individual treatment programs according to your personal needs in combination with the herbal medicine and a proper & healthy diet. We offer many wonderful healing and young-promoting herbal formulas that strengthen the immune system while correcting the underlying imbalance. A professional team of Ayurveda & Siddha Doctors and therapists is available for your well-being. We prepare customized treatments from Relax-Therapy to long term curing processes after a detailed consultation because Your personal goal is our goal.'
What to expect from the Ayurvedic Treatment Package:
- The treatment period will start with a thorough consultation (In case of serious indisposition or affection that student want to be treated by our Ayurvedic doctor, please kindly inform to bring medical reports. Thank you)
- After this full consultation the Doctors will set a treatment program according to the needs of the student
- Treatments will be daily, aprox 1.5 hours per session.
- Daily short consultation before the treatment starts is recommended so that student and Doctor can see how the treatment is involving.
- During treatment period food will be adjusted according.
- Ayurveda medication will be given according
- One group talk about Ayurveda
- One group talk about Ayurveda cooking
- One herbal spice walk to tell about the medical plants growing around
- Final consultation + food suggestion/lifestyle suggestion and advice in case needed on Ayurveda medicine that can be taken home for continuing the process after treatment. (this medicine is not included in the price)
Oceano, Varkala Beach
Located in the unspoiled part of Varkala beach in Kerala, Oceano is an Ayurveda retreat sanctuary surrounded by lush gardens and a charming small town vibe. A ten-minute walk along the sea shore brings you to the holy Papanasam beach where you can enjoy watching the daily Pujas of Hindu devotees and yoga practitioners.
Rest & Heal your body.
Imagine your vision and expect your teaching to be propelled and elevated.
Designed for the serious practitioner, a great amount of time will be devoted to growing your own asana practice with pranayama and mediation every day. This is an Advanced 300hr Teacher Training but can also be enjoyed by 'keen spirits' with equivalent studies, healing modalities or serious studentship. This 300-hour training will provide you with a 300 Hour Certificate.
We will explore areas to strengthen the power of voice and how to align your natural talents to your truth and what you wish to offer authentically. An overall development of both the subtle and technical will be woven through this intensive and understood through various methodologies from Yoga traditions such as Ashtanga, Iyengar, Anusara, Hatha Vinyasa Yoga. We will study and unpack the sacred teachings of yoga through various sacred texts and tantric philosophies.
300hr Study Components
- Health & Healing, Asana, Pranayama, Anatomy, Ayurveda and food and how it relates to building a yogic body, mind and spirit
- Sequencing strategies, teaching to all levels: Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced Levels.
- How to use props, modifications to use for specific injuries and abilities.
- Application & Refinement of intelligent alignment techniques and
- Understand and express clear succinct articulation of verbal cues;
- How to provide asana variations both effectively and efficiently for all levels; express & understand the health benefits
- How to optimally teach key actions both active and passive with creative expression, diversity, voice techniques
- In-depth training in understanding yoga philosophy, mythology, psychology
- Providing mentorship to students/teachers throughout the training for inspiration, individual practices and one-on-one sessions
- Building community and the importance of good company, business of yoga, ethics
- How to be more confident in voicing an understanding and articulation of yoga philosophy and history and why as well as how it applies to everyday life both on and off the mat
- Receive individual attention, personal practice building support & refinements
- How to teach a workshop and therapeutic presentation.
- Retreat practice and how to strengthen and sustain your yogic body-mind
Includes Ocean view, luxury shared accommodations
14 - Day Ayurveda treatment
Space will be limited to a select group. Payment plans are available. Once you are accepted & registered, the homework and reading list will be sent.
from 2019 teacher training in Kerala
(click the pile to view!)