Yoga Teacher Trainings 2020 - 2021
with Shelley Tomczyk, E-RYT® 500, YACEP®
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training April 17 - June 14
Part-time weekends in
7 Modules in Vancouver, BC
Note: Currently postponed until further notice about the coronavirus pandemic is provided and a safe environment is sanctified. A new schedule and dates for this training will be available at that time.
Friday - 6pm - 9pm
Saturday - 7am - 5pm
Sunday - 7am - 5pm
April 17-19 & 24-26
May 1-3 & 15-17 & 29-31
June 5-7 & 12-14
200 Study Components
- Asana | Pranayama | Mediation
- Yoga History
- Yoga Philosophy | Mythology | Alchemy
- Theory & Practice
- Asana labs
- Anatomy, Alignment Techniques & Methodologies
- Class Planning | Progressive Sequencing for All Levels in Hatha, Power Vinyasa, Flow, & Restorative
- Safe and Progressive Teaching Tools | Cuing | Voice
- Biomechanics & Alignment | Teaching Practices
- How to Offer Private Sessions
- Subtle Body Work | Highly Technical
- Vocal Work
- India Mythology/Storytelling
- Chanting | Mudra | Rasas | Tattvas
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Creating Work Opportunities
- Home Practice
Prerequisite to apply for the 200-Hour training is to have practiced yoga for one year or more. A sincere desire to commit oneself to the entire program and if any time is missed to arrange make up hours with the instructor. Attendance in Shelley's public classes are recommended throughout the training to integrate the knowledge being presentented.
Whether you are aspiring to become a yoga teacher or grow personally, yoga training can be enjoyed by all.
Shelley provides a safe and uplifting learning environment for you to practice and expand.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a graduation certificate which will allow you to register as a Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.
Students of all ages, levels and abilities are welcome to study. Expert Anatomy instruction and a variety of different styles and perspectives give students the freedom to develop their own voice and transparency.
Practical Experience: You will start teaching right away in this program, teaching mini classes leading up to a full certification class in the 200-Hour.
Small Classes: Give you an opportunity to forge real friendships and get the personalized hands-on training that helps you succeed!
Comprehensive: The program covers over how to teach yoga to beginners, with a focus on breath work, alignment and injury avoidance.
Practical: You will learn how to respond safely and effectively to injuries and illnesses.
Each module builds upon the other, allowing your studies and experience to deepen progressively in order to effectively teach Hatha, Flow, Power and Restorative classes for all levels. Homework and assignments are given upon registration.
To register click the option below and write to Shelley about your previous yoga experience, teaching experience if any and why you want to take a teacher training.
South India 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Jan 7 - Feb 4
300 Study Components
- Expanded Asana, Pranayama, Meditation Practices
- Sequencing strategies, teaching to all levels: Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced Levels.
- How to use props, modifications to use for specific injuries and abilities.
- Application & Refinement of intelligent alignment techniques and
- Understand and express clear succinct articulation of verbal cues;
- How to provide asana variations both effectively and efficiently for all levels; express & understand the health benefits
- How to optimally teach key actions both active and passive with creative expression, diversity, voice techniques
- In-depth training in understanding yoga philosophy, mythology, psychology
- Providing mentorship to students/teachers throughout the training for inspiration, individual practices and one-on-one sessions
- Building community and the importance of good company, business of yoga, ethics
- How to be more confident in voicing an understanding and articulation of yoga philosophy and history and how it applies to everyday life both on and off the mat
- How to teach a workshop in an area that enhances your hidden talents
Prerequisite to apply for the 300-Hour is to have a 200-Hour in any yoga training or equivalent studies or experience in the field of health and wellness. Have practiced yoga for one year or more. Teaching experience is a plus but not necessary as the 300-Hour is designed to review 200-Hour components. A sincere desire to commit oneself to the entire program and if any time is missed to arrange make up hours with the instructor. Attendance in Shelley's public classes are recommended throughout the training to integrate the knowledge being presentented.